Economic Development & Institutions
Building a body of evidence and insights into the impacts of institutional changes on economic growth and development.
Despite increasing awareness of the importance of institutions on economic outcomes, there is little evidence on how positive institutional change can be achieved. The Economic Development and Institutions (EDI) research programme aims to fill this knowledge gap by working with some of the finest economic thinkers and social scientists across the globe.
News & Events
- Highlights from the 2019 EDI conference
- What is an Institutional Diagnostic?
- How do Institutions Affect Economic Development?
- Speeding up Justice: Transforming Mexico’s Labour Courts
- How organised crime governs: gangs and institutions in Medellin
- Artificial Intelligence and courts: improving the quality of justice
- Why does judicial independence matter?
- How does the past account for the present: the case of clans in Kyrgyzstan
- Power to the People: how should governments develop electric grids?