Gender and social norms
Explore EDI's work on the theme of gender and social norms.
View all gender and social norms-related resources, including working papers and policy briefs, via a pre-populated search of our resources archive. This can be further refined by category, theme, and institution.
Image source: World Bank/ Curt Carnemark
- Formal and Informal Market Institutions: Embeddedness.
- Culture, Institutions, and Development.
- The Dynamics of Family Systems: Lessons from Past and Present Times.
- Conflict and Development.
- Gender Institutions, and Economic Development.
- Group inequality in democracies: lessons from cross-national experiences.
- Media as a Tool for Institutional Change in Development.
Randomised control trials (RCTs):
- Is Knowledge Power? Civics Training, Women’s Political Representation, and Local Governance in India.
- Institutional Reform and de facto Women’s Rights.
- Community Policing and Public Trust: A Field Experiment in Uganda.
- Reforming Police Practices in India.
- Media Diversity, Religion and Economic Behaviour: An Analysis of Pakistan.
- Discretion versus rule-based budgeting and assignment in Indian governments.
- A woman’s place is in the production management?
- The historical roots of Female Genital Cutting (FGC).
- Economic role of clans: Linking past and present.
- Land rights and village councils in Tanzania.
- Social structures, political accountability, and effective public goods provision.
- Women’s inheritance and female empowerment.
- Aspirations in Economics: A Review.
- Female political representation and its impact in Uganda.
- Combatting caste- and gender-based discrimination in the healthcare and education sector.
- Child marriage law, gender norms and marriage customs (Bangladesh).