Explore EDI's work on the theme of electoral systems.
View all electoral systems-related resources, including papers and policy briefs, via a pre-populated search of our resources archive. This can be further refined by category, theme, and institution.
- Clientelistic politics and economic development: an overview.
- Media as a tool for institutional change development.
- At the intersection: A review of institutions in economic development.
Randomised control trials (RCTs):
- Beyond the paycheck – Motivational tools for public school teachers.
- Can transparency improve preferences and norms in the public sector.
- Recruitment, effort, and retention effects on performance of contracts for civil servants.
- Discretion versus rule-based budgeting and assignment in Indian governments.
- Democratization and the supply of news media: Evidence from India.
- Clans, religion, and politics: A case study of Pakistan.
- Female political representation and its impact in Uganda.
Image: Ugandan women in politics (source; democracyspeaks.org)