Firms, markets, labour
Explore EDI's work on the theme of firms, markets, and labour.
View all firms, markets and labour-related resources, including working papers and policy briefs, via a pre-populated search of our resources archive. This can be further refined by category, theme, and institution.
Indian rupees (via Pixabay).
- Institutions and Development: An Overview of Case Studies.
- Institutions, Growth Accelerations and Growth Collapses.
- Institutions for Infrastructure in Developing Countries.
- Institutions, Firm Financing and Growth.
- Finance, Institutions and Development: Literature Survey and Research Agenda.
- Firms, Workers and Labor Markets.
- Technological change, Marxist contradictions and institutional revolutions: a historical perspective.
- Trade Related Institutions and Development.
- Migration, Institutions and Development.
- Chapter 4: The Country Institutional Survey: Experts’ Opinions on Institutions in Bangladesh
- Chapter 5: Thematic Paper: Informal institutions, the RMG sector, and the present challenge of export diversification in Bangladesh
- Chapter 6: Thematic Paper: Political economy of private bank governance in Bangladesh
Randomised control trials (RCTs):
- Using Digital Trails to Improve Management and Accountability for Public Service Delivery.
- The Political Economy and Governance of Rural Electrification.
- Monitoring the Performance of Agents in Public Service Delivery.
- Engaging Citizens to Address Company-Community Conflict at South African Mines.
- Constructing Compliance: Reducing Tax Evasion Among Market Traders in Ghana.
- Improving the Effectiveness of Labor Courts through Information and Conciliation.
- Firms, kinship and economic growth in Kyrgyz Republic.
- Quality, contracting, and competition in developing country supply chains.
- Business-to-business information sharing and the foundations of reputational motives for contract compliance.
- Media Diversity, Religion and Economic Behaviour: An Analysis of Pakistan.
- Networks of power and crony capitalism in Myanmar.
- A woman’s place is in the production management?
- Building a marketplace for professional business services in Nigeria.
- Ownership changes, management and efficiency in the Rwanda coffee sector.
- Community networks and industrial entrepreneurship in India and China.