Public service delivery
Explore EDI's work on the theme of public service delivery.
View all public service delivery-related resources, including working papers and policy briefs, via a pre-populated search of our resources archive. This can be further refined by category, theme, and institution.
Image: Community meeting (Ekta Parishad, via Wikimedia Commons)
- Clientelistic politics and economic development – an overview.
- At the Intersection: A Review of Institutions in Economic Development.
Randomised control trials (RCTs):
- Using Digital Trails to Improve Management and Accountability for Public Service Delivery.
- Randomized Inspections and Information Campaigns.
- The Political Economy and Governance of Rural Electrification.
- Monitoring the Performance of Agents in Public Service Delivery.
- Beyond the Paycheck – Motivational tools for public school teachers.
- Performance-Based Incentives in Multi-Layered Organizations.
- Training Politicians to Better Serve.
- Can Transparency Improve Preferences and Norms in the Public Sector?
- Recruitment, Effort, and Retention Effects of Performance Contracts for Civil Servants.
- Bottom-Up Transparency Initiatives to Reduce Corruption.
- Governance Capacity and Political Selection.
- Community Policing and Public Trust: A Field Experiment in Uganda.
- Reforming Police Practices in India.
- Teacher rotation and student outcomes: Experimental evidence from Uganda.
- Gangs of Medellin: variation in non-state provision of order and justice.
- The strategic game between autocratic power, the military and the clerics.
- Social structures, political accountability, and effective public goods provision.
- Combatting caste- and gender-based discrimination in the healthcare and education sector.
- Training for productivity: An experimental evaluation of civil service reform in Ghana.